Banana cake/bread is one of my favourite teatime cakes. It is quick and easy to make recipe. The cake is light, soft and moist. And being made with whole wheat flour, it is not only tasty but also slightly healthy. It isn’t overly sweet and goes perfect with a cup of coffee.
- Overripe banana – 3 (medium)
- Whole wheat flour – 1 ½ cup
- Brown sugar – 1/3 cup
- Walnuts – ¼ cup (crushed into small pieces)
- Olive oil – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Blend the bananas and sugar in a blender.
- Take out the mashed bananas in a bowl, now add oil and vanilla essence to it. Whisk all the ingredients.
- Now directly sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda into the mashed banana.
- Coat the walnuts with all purpose flour and add into the mixture. This will prevent them from sinking in the batter while baking.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and make a thick batter.
- Transfer the batter into a loaf pan and bake it for around 30-35 minutes at 170 degrees. Bake until the toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
-By Neha Kulreshtha,
Founder of Besties Bakery