Several of fashion’s most striking and daring moments have taken place at the Met Gala, a star-studded annual event that benefits the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. After last year’s cancellation and this May’s postponement, the 2021 fête, was held on Monday, September 13, that marked the opening of the exhibit, “In America: A Lexicon of Fashion.” The theme is American fashion and the event was chaired by Gen Z stars, Timothée Chalamet, Billie Eilish, Naomi Osaka, and Amanda Gorman.
As soon as the red carpet unfolded, our jaws collectively dropped when we saw Keke Palmer’s entrance and her chic brushed out locks. We also loved Julia Garner‘s bouncy curls, Emma Chamberlain‘s bold smoky lids and Amanda Gorman‘s bejewelled lids.
Scroll through to check our favourite beauty moments at the 2021 Met Gala!
1. Gigi Hadid stunned the crowd in a red ponytail. Her makeup, highlighting cornflower blue eyeshadows, was by Erin Parsons.
2. Megan Fox wore short bangs with bold eyebrows and red lips.
3. Cara Delevingne made history with her white Dior vest, paired with wet hair by Mara Roszak.
4. Megan Thee Stallion looked striking with gradient colours on her eyes, while her hair was swept to one side.
5. Billie Eilish’s retro Hollywood glamour look by MUA Rob Rumsey was impeccable with a nude Charlotte Tilbury lip colour and a bob haircut.
6. Kristen Stewart wore a high ponytail and a bouffant at the front of her hair. Rosy cheeks and eyeshadow tied the look together.
7. Kendall Jenner attended Met Gala 2021 in an Ultimate Naked Givenchy Gown Covered in Diamonds
8. Rihanna opted for rich purple hues on the eyes and lips. She also wore a black beanie and a diamond-encrusted headpiece
To sum up, the star-studded event witnessed fantastic fashion and sartorial celebrities that looked more fabulous than ever. What were your favourite
looks? Do tell us below.
A vivacious and lively girl living in Delhi, on her voyage for exploration of colours in life.
A glimpse of what she does: Read, write, eat, Repeat!