Adah is a product of love; a love for weaves, prints and dyes; a love for fabric and a love for the people who make it. Adah believes that to truly love a piece of clothing means to utilize every inch of it, to empower those who spent time crafting it and to honour the earth that provided the means for it.
While at fashion school, founder and owner, Leesha Agarwal spent much of her time interning or working with various MNCs. What struck her most from that experience was the amount of scrap fabric and waste that went into landfills every day. She also noticed that workers were underpaid and over-utilized, often working excruciatingly long hours. And while these companies drew in massive profits, their people did not gain the benefit nor were their customers aware of where their clothes came from.
She decided to do it differently, and Adah was born – an ethical, zero waste, handloom fashion brand.
At the heart of everything is an inherent need to do good.
- WE SOURCE DIRECTLY: Fabrics are sourced from different partsof India and directly from the weavers. No middlemen involved. Weavers are always paid the right amount for their effort and time.
- WE ARE ZERO WASTE: Everything we use, we use full. Nothinggoes into our bins.
- WE GIVE DUE CREDIT: Our garments are produced by multipletailors, each of whom is credited for the garment they have made. When you purchase from us, we tell you who made your clothes.
- WE RECYCLE: All tags used for branding are made with recycledTetra Packs. Paper usage is kept to a minimum and we never use plastic.
- WE UPCYCLE: We upcycle every loose end, bobble and scrapfabric into earrings, diaries, hair scrunchies, bows, hanger covers – you name it!
- WE EMPOWER: Our earrings are made by and support the youngwomen of the CHAIIM Foundation. Our bows and hair scrunchies are made by Monica Didi who quit her full-time job as a maid to make these items at her convenience, allowing her to spend more time with her young children.